Course Enrolment Form
Course Enrolment Form
Welcome to our easy, convenient and secure online initial booking and enrollment page.
This form is to be used to commence the initial enrolllment in the Complete Coxswain Training Course
Payment to complete the course can be made in 2 stages:
STAGE 1 – Initial Pre Study enrollment Payment: NC3 & NC2 = $990.00, NC1 = $1290.00.
NOTE: This enrollment is for Coxswain NC1 and NC2 and NC3. We have moved a lot of pre study and assessments online to the extent that currently 90% of the course can be completed online. This includes Coxswain knowledge, Coastal Navigation and Marine Radio exam. When you have completed the online component you will be required to complete the Fire, Survival & Boathandling components in a 2 day Practical Training session.
On receipt of the initial pre study enrollment form and payment we will contact you by email and provide you with access to download training material and access to our online assignment material and activities which we have developed. This component is in a flexible delivery mode therefore our no refund policy applies to the initial pre study enrollment fee. We can be contacted 7 days a week to assist you in your studies. This stage can be undertaken in your own time and at your own pace.
There is no need to attend any class sessions at this stage.
STAGE 2 – Final Practical Session enrollment Payment: NC3 = $495.00, NC2 = $1290.00, and NC1 = $1490.00.
NOTE: If you pay the final practical session enrollment payment within 24 hours of paying the initial pre study enrollment payment then you will be offered a discount as follows:
NC3 – $145.00 Discount
NC2 – $195.00 Discount
NC1 – $255.00 Discount
We will send you an email on how to take advantage of this discount.
We offer a considerable pre payment discount and therefore this is also subject to our no refund policy however you can change course dates up to 3 times without any penalty provided notification is received at least 2 weeks prior to the practical course date.
If you wish to pay by installments you can make the final payment at anytime but it must be made at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the practical session which is conducted at our training vessel.
Confirmation is not given in any course until all course fees are paid and all online pre study activities are completed at least 2 weeks prior to a practical session course date.
During Stage 2 you will put into practice the following skills:
- Berthing and anchoring the Vessel
- Manoeuvring a vessel
- Coastal Navigation
- Understand the Buoyage System
- Perform knots, hitches and splices
- Correctly operate Marine Radios
- Understand the Collision Regulations including Lights, Shapes and Sound Signals
- Knowledge of Domestic Boating Rules
- Fight and Extinguish Fires
- Environmental Regulations, Fuel spill prevention and response
- Knowledge of Inboard and Outboard Marine Engines
- Knowledge of Engine Start Up & Shut Down procedures
- Knowledge of Low Voltage Electrical systems
On successful completion of the Coxswain NC2 or NC1 course you will be issued with your course completion Certificate and Transcript and an AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) Mandated Practical Assessment (AMPA) document. You can then submit your application to AMSA using AMSA Form 426. You will also need to satisfy Medical Form 1850 requirements as well as submitting a record of sea service (boating experience) on AMSA Form 771.
- We will provide FREE additional training for you to obtain a NSW Maritime Boat Licence to the value of $295.00 if you do not already possess a Boat Licence
- We include all training material and resources FREE of charge to all Coxswain candidates
Location: Practical course sessions are held in Newcastle monthly
- A 1st Aid Certificate is required if not already held. You can obtain this from a provider of your choice for approximately $150.00. We recommend that you obtain a 1st Aid Certificate prior to completing the practical session.
- Coxswain NC1 candidates who are applying to carry passengers in open waters will also need to complete Coastal Navigation Unit of Competency (MARH013). Please go to the All Hands on Deck Maritime Training Coastal Navigation website to enroll and select Complete enrollment.
- All Coxswains’, as well as Recreational boat operators, also need to obtain a Marine Radio licence from the Office of Maritime Communications to operate marine radio equipment. Cost is $288.00 which includes the current examination papers fee of $89.00. Click here to enrol in the Marine Radio Licence Course and select LROCP.
All course requirements should be completed within six months of initial enrollment. A three month extension can be granted on request prior to course enrolment expiry. To proceed and pay the initial enrollment please complete the details below:
Method of payment:
We accept direct bank deposit or secure payment with Visa-Mastercard.(See below)
By clicking on the payment button below you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by All Hands on Deck Maritime Training’s Policies and Procedures which are contained in our Codes of Practice.
This will also send your information to us by email and take you to our secure student detail informationand online payment page where you can complete the initial and complete enrolment payment process.
To complete your course enrolment please click here to proceed to the student details and payment page.
VET Data Use Statement Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012 and National VET Data Policy (which includes the National VET Provider Collection Data Requirements Policy), Registered Training Organisations are required to collect and submit data compliant with AVETMISS for the National VET Provider Collection for all Nationally Recognised Training. This data is held by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER), and may be used and disclosed for the following purposes:
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the National VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au