How to get a Boat Licence
Thank you for your NSW Maritime Boat Licence course inquiry. Yes our boat licence courses are still operating during the virus situation! We are an eductional organisation and therefore Boat Licence students are permitted to travel to us to undertake the course.
All Hands on Deck Maritime Training have been conducting Boat Licence course training for over 15 years. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #90927) with the Australian Quality Skills Authority (ASQA). We are also an ‘Approved Training Provider’ (ATP) with NSW Maritime.
We conduct Boat Licence courses using our own training vessel and as an ‘Approved Training Provider’ we are approved to incorporate all the Logbook requirements into a short practical training session. This means when you undertake a Boat Licence course with All Hands on Deck Maritime Training you will save time and money as the following applies:
* No Logbook is required
* We use our own training vessel to meet the ‘Practical’ requirements
* You do not need to go out on a boat on 3 separate occasions
* We are fully insured
* We conduct courses weekly and also by Private arrangement
* We have been conducting Boat Licence training for over 15 years
* We provide pre study material FREE OF CHARGE!
The easiest, quickest and most cost effective way to obtain your Boat Licence
Boat Licence Practical Session
As a result of the virus situation all Boat Licence course sessions consist of the Practical component and final exam at any Service NSW or RMS office. Courses are now limited to 4 persons maximum on scheduled courses or by Private Arrangement.
Our course fees for schedulted Practical Boat Licence training are as follows:
1 person – $295.00 each
2 persons – $285.00 each (Save $10.00 each)
3 persons – $275.00 each (Save $20.00 each)
4 persons – $265.00 each (Save $30.00 each)
Practical Boat Licence bookings require pre payment and pre study and can be booked online or call us on 0434803687 to make a booking. Note: If a Private session is required a minimum of 2 persons is required.
BONUS: On completion of the ‘Practical Session’ we will provide you with a Trial RMS Exam and let you know your results. FREE OF CHARGE!!
Knowledge required to obtain a NSW General Boat and/or Jetski (PWC) Licence
To obtain a NSW General Boat and/or a Jetski (PWC) Licence requires knowledge in the following areas:
- Registration and Licencing Rules
- Distance to keep from people and objects
- Safety Equipment to be carried (Enclosed & Open Waters)
- Wearing of Lifejackets
- Responding to emergency situations
- Collision Regulations (Lights & Shapes)
- Buoyage System – Lateral & Cardinal Marks
- Preventing Fires
- Survival at Sea
- Environmental regulations
- Alcohol & drug regulations